Monday, April 6, 2009

Guerrilla Gardening


I know, I know! This is supposed to be a blog about real estate. Truth be told, I'm fascinated by where we live and how we live, regardless of whether we own it or not.
That's why the concept of guerrilla gardening appeals to me. I like the idea of people sowing seeds and planting seedlings in public spaces for no other reason than the joy of watching something grow amid the squalor and neglect of some god-forsaken traffic island, back alley or hyrdo pylon.
This site offers, pix, videos and tips on beautifying the urban landscape. There's even a Montreal chapter. In honor of International Sunflower Guerrilla Gardening Day on May 1, I'm going to plant sunflower seeds around the base of a Hydro-Québec transmission tower near my house. You could do the same. Think of it as an act of rebellion and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, in an effort to cut down on spam, I will now be moderating comments prior to publication. If you're a real person with a real comment or question, I'll get to you as soon as I can. Thanks!